Monday, February 06, 2006

Fuji FinePix F11 on its way over?


I was wandering through my local Target store last Thursday, and ended up in front of their digital camera display. Looking over their selection, I saw the typical fare... point and shoots from all the major players.. Canon, Sony, Kodak, HP, etc. But there was one that I was surprised to see... the Fuji FinePix F10. It's a typical compact camera, not unlike any other in the category. But it has consistently gotten rave reviews for its low-light capabilities. The F10 incorporates a unique CCD sensor that gives it a pretty decent ISO range up to 800, and is useable, albeit with some noise, at 1600. That's right on par with my Nikon D70.

The F10 is a snappy little camera that's quick to start up and quick to focus. It has a very handy macro mode that takes very good photos up to about 5 inches from the subject. The camera is very solidly built, and looks like it would hold up to normal abuse quite well.

The one thing the F10 has always lacked is manual controls. The average digital camera hobbyist probably wouldn't notice, or care. But for those who want a certain degree of creative control, the F10 has always been considered an incomplete package. The F11 is Fuji's answer to that problem, but they have adamantly insisted the F11 would not be imported to the United States. After all, the F10 was their most popular camera ever. Why would they replace it?

I was ready to put the camera back down and walk away, when I saw the display sign next to it. "Fuji F10 Temporary Price Reduction: $199.99" That's half the normal rate, and well under any price I've ever seen online. To put it in the simplest terms, it was a steal. Unfortunately, it was also out of stock. The electronics salesperson was quick to recognize the camera when I asked for it, saying that it was very popular at that price, and had sold out days earlier, and there was no word as to when they'd get more.

I shrugged it off as bad timing for me, and walked away. But I got the distinct impression that Target was liquidating their stock in order to bring in a different camera. The F11, with manual controls, would be the logical choice.

I predict you'll be seeing the Fuji FinePix F11 in Target stores by the end of March. Selling price will be $389.99

1 Comments:

Blogger Videos by Professor Howdy said...

.
If I could speak in any
language in heaven or
on earth but didn't love
others, I would only be
making meaningless noise
like a loud gong or a
clanging cymbal. If I
had the gift of prophecy,
and if I knew all the
mysteries of the future
and knew everything
about everything, but
didn't love others, what
good would I be? And
if I had the gift of faith
so that I could speak
to a mountain and make
it move, without love
I would be no good to
anybody. If I gave
everything I have to
the poor and even
sacrificed my body,
I could boast about it;
but if I didn't love others,
I would be of no value
whatsoever. Love is
patient and kind. Love
is not jealous or boastful
or proud or rude. Love
does not demand its
own way. Love is not
irritable, and it keeps
no record of when it
has been wronged.
It is never glad about
injustice but rejoices
whenever the truth
wins out. Love never
gives up, never loses
faith, is always hopeful,
and endures through
every circumstance.

May You Always
Experience This
Kind Of Love,
Dr. Howdy

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home